Not all supplements are created equal. One vitamin C powder could be made in a factory in China and another picked by hand from an organic farm, then dried into a powder. Both offer the same end goal: vitamin C.
It's the same with spirulina.
After much research, Hawaiian Spirulina is on of the only spirulina brand that promises everything you could want in a superfood supplement and is safe for people of all ages to take.
Hawaiian Spirulina is grown in a BioSecure zone free from pesticides, herbicides, and GMO's. It uses the same nitrogen source that wild-grown spirulina has used for thousands of years. In some locations, high pollution levels in the air/ runoff from near-by factories contain high levels of heavy metals. Spirulina absorbs these metals, just like they do in your body, and if they are in the environment, they will be in your spirulina. Because Hawaiian Spirulina is grown on the Kona Coast inside Hawaii's BioSecure zone, Hawaiian Spirulina is in no danger of toxic heavy metal contamination and is also 100 per cent free from any radiation contamination from 2011 nuclear disaster in Japan.
So now I've cleared the air on that, let's get into why Hawaiian Spirulina is my favourite superfood supplements.
• Spirulina is very high in bio-available iron, making it beneficial to those with anemia or pregnancy, with reduced risk of constipation.
• Spirulina is a good source of vitamins B1(thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B3(nicotinamide), B6 (pyridoxine), B9 (folic acid), B12 (cobalamin), vitamin E, and vitamin K1 and K2.
• It is also a source of potassium, chromium, copper, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, selenium, and zinc.
• It has four times the antioxidant ability of blueberries.
• Spirulina is a good source of protein: gram per gram more so than beef, poultry, fish, and soybeans.